Just like last year, I’ve compiled a collection of my favourite memories, places and events that made 2012 such an amazing year.
I started writing this blog post back in January….think of it as a diary of sorts…and as 2012 comes to a close, it helps me look back on some great times, in some great places, with some great people.
Before 2012, I never really took this blog seriously, and never really made it personal or public. When I set it up back in 2006, it was designed as a test. A test for me to try writing online. Writing about personal things…but always with one eye on SEO, so it was never really about me. At the start of 2012 one person pushed me in the direction to make it more personal, and it is thanks to them that since my Camera+ post back in January, I’ve enjoyed writing almost every blog post since. I hope you’ve enjoyed most of them too.
So here goes. Here are my highlights of 2012! I hope you had a great year too, and I wish you all the very best for 2013 🙂
- Spent New Year in New York!…but missed the actual midnight clock strike. Ahem.
- Had probably my best work trip….to the Bahamas
- Discovered Bahama Mama – my new favourite cocktail
- Skiied in bliss conditions in Verbier, Switzerland;
- Became an uncle for the first time to a stunningly cute nephew;
- Turned 30
- Visited Ireland for the first time, Kissed the Blarney Stone (I got sloppy seconds after Karlie)
- Got really ill for a week in April, the first time since I was 8 years old
- Got locked in the office, saved by Twitter, and the story made the Metro;
- Lost my iPhone, a £400 mistake
- Attended 8 fantastic weddings, and 5 heavy stag parties
- Watched Olympic football with 80,000 others at Wembley Stadium
- Quit my job
- Scored 6 goals in a football season (for those who know me, yes it’s true!)
- Visited the deepest canyon in the world
- Cycled the world’s most dangerous road;
- Hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu;
- Surfed in the UK, Australia, Spain and Brazil
- Had my 20 year anniversary of visiting Perranporth, Cornwall
- Spent 22 days living at over 3300m
- Found a new favourite country, with many favourite moments – Colombia
- Met some amazing, incredible people…as well as sadly losing one
- Stepped up my fancy dress efforts;
- Took Camera+ on a 5 month trip around the world
- Aprendo mucho Espanol!
- Wore a Brazilian zunga for the first time (I know no bounds)
- Will spend Christmas and New Years Eve in Sydney
There you have it. Have a great Christmas and New Year! See many of you in 2013 🙂