It’s competition time!
You’ve heard about the ‘unboxing’ trend, right? Where people get a product, film themselves unwrapping it and describing what they’re seeing?
Well, Hotels.com have come up with a new concept which they are calling ‘Unrooming’. It’s like unboxing, but for hotel rooms.
Unrooming looks to re-design hotel reviews using video. Through a simple mechanic of a 30 second – 1 minute video, travellers can now review their hotels instantly; showing what their room has to offer and creating interesting content for potential future guests.
What’s in it for you? As you’ll see on Twitter, there are many unrooming videos already online. To join in, film yourself looking round your hotel room for the first time and upload it to Facebook, Twitter and/or YouTube and you could be in with the chance of winning a £200 hotel voucher!
All you have to do is film yourself entering a hotel room and explaining what you can see, then just give it a rating and tell us what room you are in. Upload it and let Hotels.com know by using the hashtag #Unrooming, and you could be in with a chance of winning.
- Make a 30-second – 1 minute video of you entering a hotel room
- You need to state the hotel name, the room number and finally give your hotel a rating out of 5
- Tweet the video to @HotelsdotcomEU and my Twitter handle (@MrHeyes) using the hashtag #Unrooming
- Don’t swear or include naughty language
- No nudity please
- Make sure other people appearing in the video have given consent to be in the video
That’s it! Please enter before November 25th at 5pm to win! I will announce the winner in this blog post, and on Twitter.
Want to see my unrooming effort? Here’s the unrooming video I made from the ACE Hotel in Shoreditch, London 🙂